Is Helix right for me?
Helix wind energy systems (2.0kW and 4.5kW) can both be used for home or business and work well under many conditions that were previously prohibitive. If your location fits some or all of the conditions below then a Helix turbine is most likely a good solution for you:
- Local zoning that permits small wind turbine installation.
- A site with adequate wind (greater than 14 MPH)
- An allowable installed height of less than 35 feet (although higher is ok too if zoning permits).
- An existing interconnection agreement with your local utility (check the net energy meeting regulations in your state.
- Turbulent and gusty wind or wind that frequently changes direction.
- Extremely high speed winds.
- Electricity costs greater than $0.15/kWhr.
If you're still not sure whether or not a Helix Wind turbine is right for you please feel free to drop us a line using our contact form. Additional research the most important questions can be found on the following sections of this site: