Compact, elegant, sophisticated, versatile... an icon for a movement. The Helix S322 provides smooth power and torque delivery across a broad range of wind speeds and under the most difficult of physical environments. No furling or shutting down, simple to install, modular and scalable, the S322 is ideally designed for urban environments, low draw and liquids pumping. From the Canadian shield to marine petroleum platforms to sub-Saharan Africa agriculture pumps, this turbine is built to endure and captivating to the eye.
* Swept Area
- 3.19m2 (34.33 ft2)
* Rotor Dimensions
- 1.21m W x 2.65m H
(4 ft X 8.66 ft)
* Overall Height
- 3.3m (10.8')
* Rotor Construction
- Ultra tough Aluminum Alloy
- Vertical axis helical Savonius rotor (VAWT)
- 2.0 kW (peak) high efficiency Permanent Magnet Generator
* Cut-in Speed
- 5 m/s (11.1 MPH)
» The lowest wind speed at which the turbine begins producing usable power.
* Optimal Annual Wind Speed
- An average of 7 m/s (15.6 MPH) or greater
- No braking needed for normal operation. Manual override for maintenance.
* Grid Connection
- 110 VAC - 240 VAC, 50-60 Hz Grid Tied Inverter.
- 135 kg (295 lb)
* Design Life
- 30 years
* Monopole Tower
- 4.5m to 6.0m (15 ft to 20 ft) depending on obstructions
- 5 year Limited Warranty.
- NOT INCLUDED
- Current List
* Unique patent pending design.
* Rugged aluminum and steel construction for extreme environments
* Modular, 3D blade for easy assembly and toughness.
* Helical turbine for smooth power production.
* Ultra reliable Low RPM Permanent magnet generator.
* Design gives silent operation at less than 5 decibels above background noise.
* Completely safe for our friends, the birds and bats.
* Utilizes turbulent omni-directional air instantly, no yaw control required.
* Oh, and it's beautiful to look at too (neighbors may become jealous).